You are contracting with Everything Australian Pty Ltd ACN 620 435 476 of 5 Nelson St, Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia 3189.
If you have a particular concern or query about your personal information held by us, you should contact us at us via email at [email protected] or phone us on +613 9553 4067.
We recognise that privacy of personal information is important to individuals. Any personal information you provide to us will be used for our business purposes only.
It is important for us that persons with whom we do business have confidence that we handle personal information responsibly and it is our policy to do this.
We may change this policy from time to time, so check this page to ensure you are happy with the changes. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
2. The Nature of Our Business
We are principally a retailer. As a successful and long established retailer, we have built an enviable reputation as one of Australia's largest outerwear clothing retailers. Our 22 year involvement in Victoria Market retail, warehouse sales, and our more recent internet e-commerce store, is well established and focused on customer service.
3. Information we collect
Because of the nature of our business, it is necessary to obtain personal information for our business purposes, such as for the purpose of completing purchases. Personal information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. It includes a name, an identification number, online identifier, location data, and information relating to the physical, psychological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a person.
We will not be unduly intrusive nor obtain or use personal information in an inappropriate manner. We will only ask for and use personal information we reasonably need to conduct our business.
We collect the following information:
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you provide. You may refuse to provide certain information, but you may not be able to access some of our services.
You may provide identifying information such as your name, address and telephone number; location information; age, gender and interests; financial information such as credit card details; postage, billing and information required to clear customs; device log files and configurations.
In certain circumstances, we may also be required to collect and process information in order to authenticate or identify you or verify other information.
- Information you create: We may receive information you may create, for example through adding items to your cart or wishlist, writing reviews or emailing us.
- Automatic information: We automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use our services, including information about your interaction with our website and customer demographics and buying behaviour. This information can include location information, computer and connection information such as information on your page views, button clicks and referral URL, ad data, IP address, http headers, Facebook Pixel ID and Facebook Cookie, browsing history and web log information.
- Display personalised content, including product recommendations;
- Keep track of your specified preferences, such as whether you wish to see interest based advertisements;
- Keep track of items in your shopping basket;
- Improve Everything Australia’s products and services;
- Prevent fraud and improve security;
- Deliver content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests, on our site and third-party sites.
Third parties such as search engines may also place cookies
Cookies can be disabled as set out at “Your Options” below, however this may affect the functionality of our site.
- Personal information from other sources: We may supplement the personal information you provide with information from third party sources. For example, we may use personal information that is publicly available or provided to us by social media sites, such as contact and demographic information and content you have clicked on or liked. You can control personal information provided to us through social media through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which you have expressly or impliedly consented. For example, if you agree to receive marketing communications from us, we will only use your contact information for this purpose.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use personal information:
We may use personal information:
- to contract with you and provide you with goods and services;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interest;
- where required by the public good; or
- to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests.
This includes for the purpose of:
- Purchases and delivery of goods and services: We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services and process payments.
- Recommendations and personalisation: We use your personal information to recommend features, products and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalise your experience.
- Communicating with you: We use your personal information to communicate with you, including regarding products, services and promotions.
- Advertising: We use your personal information to display advertisements to you that may be of interest to you or are customised for you.
- Customer data and analytics: We use your personal information to collect data regarding customer demographics and buying behaviour and to measure and improve performance.
- Troubleshooting and customer service: We use your information to troubleshoot problems with your account, fix errors and improve the functionality of our website and improve our other services.
- Compliance with legal obligations: In certain cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect, store and verify your personal information, including for taxation and accounting purposes..
- Defending a legal claim: We may retain information for the statutory limitation period (which is usually a period of six (6) years), in order to defend a legal claim.
- Preventing fraud and illegal activities and security: We may process personal information to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud and other illegal activities, and to monitor and improve security.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent: We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Everything Australian does not use personal information for the purpose of automated decision-making which produces legal effects concerning the person or similarly significantly affects the person.
6. How long will we keep your personal information
We securely delete your personal information once it is no longer required.
7. Your access and control
In accordance with relevant privacy law, you have a right to access to your personal information we hold. Specifically, you have a right to:
- have access to any data we hold about you; including to be provided with a portable copy of any data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine readable format;
- correct any misinformation regarding you;
- request that Everything Australian stop processing personal information about you for a particular purpose;
- request that Everything Australian permanently delete or destroy any personal information we have regarding you, or restrict how we use your personal information;
- Make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your country.
Everything Australian must comply with your request unless Everything Australian is nonetheless authorised to decline under relevant law.
You may, at any time, log in to our system and add, modify or remove your mailing list subscription.
8. Interest Based Advertisements and Analytics
Everything Australian uses third party services to display advertisements tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide analytics and market research. These authorised third parties collect certain information when you visit our website.
You can opt-out of receiving interest based advertising as set out at “Your Options” below.
9. Third parties
We will not transfer your data to third parties without your consent, except:
- Service Providers: To third party service providers to perform a function of behalf of Everything Australian, including payment services, advertising services and postage services; to prevent, mitigate or investigate fraud or illegal activities;
- Legal proceedings and law enforcement: To comply with legal obligations or in response to a law enforcement request; to enforce our Terms and Conditions, other agreements or other rights on behalf of Everything Australian or a third party;
- Change of ownership: Where Everything Australian is sold or merged and personal information is transferred to the purchaser or the new entity.
We will endeavour to minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly necessary to achieve the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of their marketing activities without your consent. Third parties may only use personal information for the purposes that Everything Australian specifies.
10. Your options
Some specific options in relation to your personal information are:
- Refusal: You may choose not to provide your personal information to Everything Australian. This may mean you are unable to access Everything Australian’s goods or services.
- Cookies: Your internet browser should provide you with instructions to opt out of receiving cookies. If you wish to use our site anonymously, you may do so by signing out of the Everything Australia website and disabling cookies.
- Interest based advertising: If you do not wish to receive interest based advertising, please notify us via email at [email protected] or phone us on +613 9553 4067.
- Updating information: You can update your personal information in My Account at any time.
- Other: If you wish to request to access or control your information, or unsubscribe to newsletter and promotional communications, please contact us via email [email protected] or phone us on +613 9553 4067.
11. Data security
We take the security of your data very seriously. We have implemented the following strategies to protect your data, including:
- Website antivirus/malware scanning;
- SSL encryption;
- Increased security on the payment gateway for the protection of credit card details;
- Antivirus software for our office computers; and
- A policy that all printed orders with customer details are shredded after approximately 3 months.
12. International transfers of personal information
We may need to transfer your personal information outside of Australia, for example to fulfil an order to you.
We will however make sure your personal information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, as if your personal information was being processed in Australia or the EU.
13. Children’s privacy
Our website is intended to sell products to persons over the age of 18, and is not intended for children. We do not knowing collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.
14. Third party privacy practices
Our website contains links to third party or external sites which are not related to Everything Australian. It is our goal to link only to reputable sites. Please be aware that Everything Australian does not monitor and is in no way responsible for the content or privacy practices of any such third party sites.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, please contact us via email at [email protected] or phone us on +613 9553 4067.
You also have a right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your country.
The relevant supervisory authority in Australia is the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.