RM Williams Oilskin Re-Proofer
RM Williams oilskin re-proofing compound is great for all of your R.M.Williams and Driza-Bone oilskin jackets, coats and garments.
ONLY AVAILABLE IN-STORE
- Ideal for restoring & extending the water repellent properties of oilskin clothing & accessories
- Over time the oil and wax coating will slowly evaporate. If you find your oilskin garment is leaking, this is a good sign to apply some R.M. Williams oilskin reproofer
The first sign of leakage usually occurs in the crease area on the sleeve of the coat.
To re-oil your coat, please follow these steps.
- Clean your coat by soaking it in a bath tub or laundry basin of cold water - add a cap full of a mild liquid detergent (one that is suitable for woollen garments). Agitate the water for a few minutes and then allow the coat to soak overnight. Then rinse out your coat with fresh water. It is very important to remove all dust before applying the oilskin re-proofer. If you do not remove dust: The garment dressing will stick to any dust remaining; when the dust dislodges it will leave tiny holes in the fabric exposed, which will leak.
- Allow the coat to dry naturally.
- Wait for a hot day to re-oil: the hotter the day, the better the results. Place the coat in bright sunshine and allow it to heat up. Heat the garment dressing until it turns to liquid – this can be done by putting the can of dressing in the sun or a saucepan of hot water. At the hottest time of the day, sparingly apply the dressing to the coat, using a clean cloth. Add a little extra dressing to the seams. The sun will spread the dressing evenly and quickly through the coat fabric.
- If you do not have a suitable climate then you will need a hand-held hair drier to work the dressing into the cloth.
- Your coat will now be ready to give you full protection.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Same Day Dispatch
* If stock is listed as “Same day dispatch”, the cut off time = 3pm. Excludes weekends & public holidays.
The following delivery times apply after order has shipped:
- - Australian Orders = Delivery Times
- - International Orders = Approximately 5 to 12 business days
We endeavour to dispatch orders as fast as possible, but delays can happen.
If you order multiple items your order will be sent as one package at the latest dispatch date listed.
If you would like the products sent separately, please place separate orders.
Prices are calculated by weight and are discounted.
To calculate, add items to cart and proceed to the checkout page. Prices starts at $5.95 depending on your location & weight of parcel.
Insurance is offered for FREE on all orders.